EXPANDING OUR REACH - MISSION Emphasis
February and September each year we highlight MISSIONS and collect specifically for ALABASTER–
building churches and ministry support around the world and yearly through FAITH PROMISE offering.
A message from our NMI (Nazarene Missions International President, Joe Roberts–
We’re Praying for missions through Nazarene Prayer Mobilization Line, JESUS Film, 10/40 Window, and the Persecuted Church on a regular basis from one of our Belong Groups. I encourage all of PBN Church to get involved. This week we’re praying for: Egypt and Syria. Egypt reported a 5.7% death rate of those contracting COVID, and Syria reported a 6.6% death rate. Pray for a miracle that will make registration possible so churches in Egypt are fully recognized and membership possible for churches that remain in Syria that God would give wisdom and grace, and provide means for them to know the next steps for the future work. Pray for safety and protection for the pastors of the remaining churches in Syria, even in the midst of much chaos.
PBN is making mission awareness through posting of Mission Moments, Adult reading books, and Missionary Speakers, and District Functions.
Our children and our youths along with adults are being involved in local mission projects
PBN Treasurer reported that (Jan. 1 st – Sep, 2021): World Evangelism Funds in the amount of $12,861.21 and Alabaster funds $2,736.22 have been sent over.
In 2019-2020 PBN Church Missions giving highlights-
- $29,289 raised for Faith Promise
- $1,569 raised for Amazon River Project
- 120 boxed lunches for Our Father’s House
- Crisis Housing provided for Hope SoFlo
- $1,077 raised for Alabaster
- Care packages given to area homeless
- One-pot meals prepared for foster families
Our Goal is to give $35,000 away to these ministries 2020-2021-
- World Evangelism & Education Fund (WEF)
- Deputation & Christmas LINKS (Missionaries)
- Pensions & Benevolence (retired Pastors)
- District NMI
- World Mission Radio
- Child Sponsorship
- Memorial Roll/Distinguished Service Awards
- Local Operating Funds